Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Skirt in the Dirt and Soup

I ran a race this weekend, with my mom and her friend Lesli.



It went pretty well, out of 500 runners, I got 6th overall and 4th in my age group (19-40).  I was also stung, by a wasp, on my butt, so even though the race was really short (5k) I'm adding an additional nine miles for mental anguish.

I wanted to milk this for all it was worth, but my boyfriend got sick and one-upped me.

So, instead of going to a concert and having fun, we stayed home and I made soup.



Noodle Soup for the Sick

1 bunch chopped of kale
2 sliced or chopped carrots
1 sliced red pepper
Chopped mushrooms
1 sliced jalepeño
6-7 green onions
1 ginger root
4-5 cloves of garlic
Cilantro
Whole wheat spaghetti noodles
9 cups of vegetable broth


Directions:
1. Sauté garlic and roughly chopped ginger for 2-3 minutes. Add green onions, jalepeño, and broth. Simmer for 20-25 minutes
2. Cook noodles in a separate pot then strain.
3. Strain broth into a large bowl and pour broth back into pot.  Simmer until veggies are cooked through, 10-15 minutes. Add noodles and heat for 1 more minute, until both noodles and broth are hot.
4. Serve with sliced green onions and chopped cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment