Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Gratitude: It Can Change Your Life

I'm not going to complain too much in this post (though it is one of my favorite things). All I want to say, is I hate how every year we jump from Halloween straight to Christmas and completely skip Thanksgiving. Let's, just for a moment, focus on the things in our lives that we are grateful for.

Expressing gratitude has legitmate health, well being and physical benefits. See below in this lovely infographic, thingy!!!

I am grateful for a lot of things in my life. I have a wonderful family!!! Including loving parents, grandparents, two brothers and a sister-in-law (and a whole lot of almost in-laws), a gorgeous niece, a great fiance, a few quality friends, a nice home with a Kitty and a good job. I'm far better off than many people in this world and I spend far too little time expressing my gratitude. I'm going to try to do better, we all should!
So, what should we do? I usually just tell you all the funny things that happen in my life, but this time I actually have some action items: 1) focus on the things you are grateful for, write them down and consciously acknowledge them, then 2) tell someone THANK YOU. Call them up or better yet, send a hand-written card.  Let everyone know what they mean to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment