Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Running ...Away!

I have a marathon this weekend!

What the what?!?

I'm actually looking forward to it. It is my fourth overall. I ran the Salt Lake City marathon last year and did better than I ever have done before. Maybe, that is why I am so excited to run it again this year. I have three theories:

1. I did great last year and am looking forward to running it again, even if I don't do as well. The Salt Lake Marathon has so much energy. It is perfect.
2. This last year has been one of the best of my adult life, I'm happy, I'm carrying that momentum through to this race.
3. My brain could be broken? While I'm happy, I'm also busy. I'm working full time, going to graduate school full time so that I can graduate in four semesters and I moved again.

Either way, I'm looking forward to Saturday.

Support Team:
Cute baby & dumb friend
cute dad, mom is running the 1/2

Playlist: A lot of Brand New, Katy Perry and Taking Back Sunday
Gear: Arm band for iPod, Minimus New Balance Shoes
Plan: Eat at every aid station, FREE FOOD!
Goal: Last year I finished about 3:54, I would like to have a sub-four again. But with work and school, training has been minimal, so I just want enjoy my race and not die.

This week has been a little rough, Bella (the dog) has been sick. I keep monitoring to look for perkiness. The tests from the vet are inconclusive thus far. So I'll run out that worry too :). I'll write an updated post after. Unless I die.


No comments:

Post a Comment