Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Yellowstone 2015 and Boyfriend Turns 30

In 8th grade science we watched a documentary about Yellowstone's supervolcano. Because I am me, I spent the next few months not sleeping and fretting about the safety of my loved ones. If the Yellowstone supervolcano erupted we were all going to die! We needed exit strategies, communication plans, safe-zones! Unfortunately, no one else seemed to care and it is very hard to create a Save the World manual (I will create a manual for anything) without at least a little bit of cooperation.

Luckily, I grew out of this phase. Not the worrying phase, just the worrying about supervolcanoworlddestruction phase. I still try to solve non-existent problems years in advance.

As I have stopped worrying about Yellowstone destroying me, after all there really is nothing I could do (trust me, I have run through all the scenarios) I have come to realize that it is one of the greatest places on Earth, if not the absolute greatest. It stands out for its geothermic activity, but that isn't even the best part. The wildlife experiences and the sheer beauty of the landscape make it a worthwhile venture, not to mention it is just a four hour drive from us.

Boyfriend and I did not die from the cold or extreme geothermic activity this weekend. We camped in a different location than last time and got to experience a whole new part of the park.

We got there late Friday night. The reports said to expect inclement weather (see previous whining), but we had no issues. Apparently, that wasn't the case for everyone. Boyfriend's sister was on her way over from Colorado and ended up having to camp out on the side of the road for the night so she wouldn't hydroplane and die.

By Saturday we had all arrived at Bridge Bay safely and were ready to see the park. We saw a lot of wildlife and the dark, ominous skies made for some gorgeous photos. It was so relaxing. I'm planning on relocating next summer so I can live in Yellowstone. Even if I have to hide out in the park and join a wolf pack.

It was a wonderful weekend and a great way (I'm speaking for him) to celebrate Boyfriend entering a new decade with the big 3-0.
Coyote
Bison

Orange Tent: Boyfriend's birthday present from me.
Given for selfish reasons, now we can go on LOTS OF CAMPING TRIPS!
Boyfriend making breakfast
Bison fording the river
Baby pronghorn, cutest ever
Baby bear ... cutest ever ...
Moose! One was male with tiny antlers

Bia and deer

Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment