Pages

Friday, March 25, 2016

Moving On Out

Time goes by so quickly. This time last year, I wrote a post about Zach and I moving into our first apartment together and Kitty coming too because she and my dad don't get along. Except, now we're moving out.

Our lease is up at the end of the month, and it puts us in kind of a strange in-between time. So, for the time being, instead of doing month-to-month somewhere, we are going back to my parents' basement.  I loved our space and our apartment and I'm sad to leave it! But, I know that we'll keep moving on to exciting things and new challenges.

Packing has left the house so empty, I know it is COMPLETELY different ... but when I look around at the empty walls and tables ... Empty Chairs at Empty Chairs keeps playing in my head, because you know ... moving furniture is the same as your friends dying in the June Rebellion.

I want to make funny jokes about moving but mostly I feel like this.

The good news is that even though Kitty and my dad are sworn enemies, he's allowing her to live in the basement as long as we: cover all of his furniture, put up a baby gate by the stairs so she can't sneak up to meet him, keep her in my mom's art studio when she isn't supervised and... I think that's it? He mostly doesn't want to know she's there. So, not that bad? Maybe?

I hope that they can put their bad times behind them and come together! Or... just avoid each other for the few months that we will be there.
These boxes are my home now!
Last thing! Zach and I just celebrated our second-dating anniversary! Yay for true love! Maybe it is silly to mark it and celebrate it but whatever. These two years have gone by so fast and been the BEST OF MY LIFE and this is the last time we'll have a dating anniversary because, "once you get married they don't count anymore," (which is BS).
Fancy anniversary perfume! He thinks I smell
bad.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This could be one of the most useful blogs we have ever come across on thesubject. Actually excellent info! I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort. playa del rey movers

    ReplyDelete